Home   /   News   /   Silver Rain − Moscow Dive Show 2018 Radio Partner

Silver Rain − Moscow Dive Show 2018 Radio Partner

September 01, 2017

Our next task is to test the waves of the main federal radio station broadcasting to the wide audience of adult listeners from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok, who are active, have time and money. The latter are the three most important factors opening the door to our wonderful world of underwater adventures. See below more of our smart thoughts about the world of radio and in general.

This time we will target the broad masses of radio listeners via the mouthpiece of the main federal station broadcasting to the wide audience of adult listeners from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok, who are active, have time and money. The latter are the three most important factors opening the door to our wonderful world of underwater adventures.

Why use radio to promote the exhibition, some inquisitive minds would ask. Without waiting for the question, we answer to address the most difficult and at the same time the most necessary for the exhibition and for the diving market audience − beginners. The very fresh blood that consumes most of the equipment, training and travel, which are the three whales of our industry. Beginners amounted for slightly less than 20% at the 2017 exhibition. This is a very good indicator and every new percent here cost us a lot of advertising money. The remaining 80% are already experienced guys, most come to the exhibition every year and to reach them through "underwater" sites and social networks is not difficult (we are increasing pressure in this direction too).   Where to look for beginners? How to campaign for underwater business? Neither Yandex nor Google would help here. They will sell you (at a fancy price) a user with a request  "to buy a wetsuit," but they will not find a person who can be invited to think about underwater hobbies. There exist on-trend solutions for the selective picking of users − programmatic and native advertising, and we will try these tools. However, as in any other venture, their effectiveness cannot be predicted in advance. Therefore, massive radio attacks throughout the country, plus bright and large outdoor advertising in Moscow, though old-fashioned are battle-proven techniques. If they bring even a few percent of new visitors, this will be a good result.

Now we pass to the thesis made in the title. Three factors necessary to get into diving (free diving, underwater hunting, etc.) − age, time and money. Here everything is clear − if you are not an adult (under 25 years old) you, most likely, share the interests of your friends and girlfriends dancing, videos, bikes. Surely, we would be happy to see army of students swamping dive clubs and shops, but the real picture is different around the world: two-thirds of the divers are 35-55 years old. Underwater hunters are slightly younger, free divers are even younger (but there are not so many of them yet, although this is the fastest-growing direction). The fraternal exhibition DEMA Show a couple of years ago conducted a survey and drew a portrait of an average American diver − he is 45-50 years old and his income is around 70,000 dollars a year. In Russia, both these figures are most likely smaller, but the concept is the same.    

In view of the all the above, we proceed to select a radio station. We immediately discard the youth-dance type like Europe Plus, Our Radio (although there are rumors that its audience today is not as young as it was 15 years ago at the start), as well as those that dont offer talk show format (because besides commercials we also need talking part). There are not so many options left, and Silver Rain looks like the best alternative.    

A week before the launch of the Moscow Dive Show 2018, an active advertising campaign will kick off network wide our ads will be played during morning and evening prime. On January 29, three days before the opening of the exhibition, we will talk with the most charismatic leader of the Silver Rain − Victor Nabutov − during the morning talk show − about how great it feels under the water and why your whole family should hurry to the best exhibition in the world in Sokolniki.  Archive records of our sparkling performances on Silver Rain in 2016 and 2017 can be found inside the belly of the radio station official website silver.ru.

Prepare your tricky and meaningful questions and tune into 100.1 FM (in Moscow, please find frequencies for hundreds of other cities here http://www.silver.ru/regions/).

 And for dessert, a radio station business card

Daily audience of Silver Rain:
  • 430, 000 people in Moscow
  • 1, 617,000 people in Russia  
Weekly audience of Silver Rain:
  • 1,562,400 people in Moscow
  • 4, 743, 000 people in Russia